Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Senior Project Progress

Project


Title: Treasure Hunter
Theme: Space and adventure
Moral: One man’s trash is another man’s treasure
Story: A sly treasure hunter finds out that there is an amazing treasure on an uncharted desert planet and sets out to find it. upon reaching the planet, he is greeted by its barren and desolate environment. He pushes on and finds a temple that contains what he is looking for. Trap after trap and trial after trial he reaches the legendary treasure. upon opening the container he finds that it is just full of water bottles. feeling like he's been tricked, the treasure hunter destroys the container in anger only to see that he's being watched by the temple's inhabitants.
Characters: The Treasure Hunter, and The Temple Dwellers

Progress

Character Development Progress

my first idea for the main character in my story was to have a Russian Cosmonaut and his crew explore space to find treasure. I later realized that the models would take too long to make so i decided to go for a more cartoony low poly model. After deciding this, I chose to start making art for my main character and, taking inspiration from a few games I enjoyed, I created a simple character that would be used in my animation.
After finalizing the character design, I created a reference sheet for the character and began modeling in Maya. 
 

Story Development Progress

My main plan for the story at first was very bland so I had changed it a couple of times until it fit. the story I first started with was about exploration and nothing else but now my story is about finding treasure and morality.



No comments:

Post a Comment